Thursday, November 12, 2009

Play Time...

Have you ever had one of those days were your kid will not leave your side for a second? Okay, I know that's a stupid questions...of course you have had more then one day like that. But, I figured they would out grow that to a certain extent. Yesterday, was one of those days for me. My little guy just could not be away from me and just kept begging me to play with him in the basement. Now don't get me wrong I play with my children, but I'm also very task driven and today I had a long list of things I needed to get done. That list went out the window as soon as those big blue eyes looked up at me and said "Please play shop with me." Who needs clean underwear anyways?

First, we had to separate all the food into the food groups.

Then, he brought me the ice cream bowl --- no bread basket here!

Next, he made my order. I have no idea were he got some of his combination's - (egg juice, tomato and bread smoothie anyone!)


His big smile says it all. The laundry can wait another day, this was all worth it.

6 comments:

  1. A lovely story and some great photos - I agree time spent with your children is a lot more important and lots more fun than the laundry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, playing with your children is very important, they grow up soo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah bless their little cotton socks where do they get their ideas from. I'm so glad you played with your son these days will not last for long the laundry will always be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. Too adorable.
    My mother-in-law has always had a sign in one of their bedrooms that says something like "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow, for babies grow up, much to our sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs; dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."

    Your post definitely puts me in mind of that quote. The laundry can wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to laugh.......my post today was on the same topic! My daughter did the same thing today! I had so much to do and she wouldn't leave my side. In the moment she looked at me and asked me to play, I realized that all the stuff could wait because these years go by way too quickly! I am glad I am not the only one.....it's nice to read stories of others that are going through the same thing:) Thank you for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little guy, and what a great chef hat!

    ReplyDelete