Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Memories

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I've made my menu, shopped, started cleaning...so now all I have to do is cook, bake and roast.

I was on a message board the other day and the discussion was about Thanksgiving crafts. Normally, I don't do much in the line of crafts for Thanksgiving but one of the idea really stuck with me. (I'm sorry, but I don't remember who's idea or what board I was on to give credit). The idea was cards to write what you are thankful for - the twist was that they were ABC cards.

In the past I've cut out leaves or handed out little pieces of paper for people to write what they are thankful for and I would get the typical responses...family, friends, health. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful for those things too, but they are a given. Don't you think? With the ABC cards you have to think outside the box. You have to write something that starts with the letter on the card. So here is what the cards look like:
I used the free kit eloquent autumn from 2 Peas for everything but the thankful for... font, which is CK Elegant. The journaling lines were just drawn by hand.

I made the cards the size of playing cards. That way I can put them in a card holder page and just put them in my album behind my thanksgiving layout and use some for embellishments. It will be interesting to see what people come up with...especially for X, Y and Z.

2 comments:

  1. awesome .. thanks for posting .. hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Hope you get lots of responses. For "Z" I'm not sure you'll get grateful for Zuchini, maybe Zinnias. :D Have a Happy Turkey Day.

    ReplyDelete