Monday, December 7, 2009

Cookies

The smell of baking cookies. It just makes your mouth water and puts about 5 pounds on my hips without even eating one! I love baking cookies. Most years I will make around 10 different kinds. I know this might sound crazy but it was hard to just pick a few. Plus, I wanted to make sure my son, who has severe food allergies, had a good variety to pick from. This year I decided to cut down - a lot. Why? a couple of reasons.

  1. I eat too many cookies when I make 10 different kinds
  2. I just don't have the time to bake for three or four days plus decorating time
  3. I think just a few special ones will do just fine
So this year I just did 4 different kinds.

Cookie 1 - Russian Tea Cookie (diary, egg and nut free)


This recipe is from a wonderful website called Food Allergy Mama. All her recipes are Dairy, Egg and Nut free and they are so delicious. I rolled these in corn-free powder sugar from Allergy Grocer.

Cookie 2 - Basic Sugar Cut Out Cookies


We will have a decorating party in the next few days so I'll show you the decorated cookies when I have them done.

Cookie 3 - Raspberry Oatmeal Bars (diary, egg and nut free)


Another wonderful recipe from the Food Allergy Mama.

Cookie 4 - Chocolate Biscotti


My favorite cookie. I use to make them with toffee pieces, but stopped because of our son's nut allergy. But they are just as yummy with just chocolate. I use the Enjoy Life Brand Chips. They are nut, diary and corn free. These are just perfect with a cup of your favorite hot beverage.

As the holidays get closer I will make more; we usually run out of the biscotti's really fast. I will also bake some traditional German bread. So my baking is not done, but I made a good start and I'm ready for any early celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment