Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Little Word

What's your word for the new year? This is the questions that Ali Edwards posted the other day on her blog. For the last few years she has picked a word to help her focus her energy on one aspect of her life. I've read her blogs about this but never really committed to a "word". This year I've been thinking about it and I decided to pick a word for 2010.

My word for 2010 is clean.

As in clean house, clean eating, clean thinking.

Let me explain.

I hate cleaning the house, but I'm very stressed and crabby in a dirty house. Over the last few months I haven't been keeping up with any of my weekly cleaning and it's really stressing me out. So I'm going to work on keeping the house clean.

I've been a fan of Tosca Reno for ago a year now. She is the author of the Clean Eating Diet. I agree with her philosophy of eating whole foods and limiting proceed food and sugar. Even thought I've read all her books, get her magazine and check out her blog, I haven't really joined the ranks of "eating clean." So I'm going to work on eating clean.

My negative thoughts can be a burden to me. It will make me stop moving in the right direction and some days I just get nothing done because of the negative thought (which discuss themselves as perfectionism). So I'm going to try to clean our the negative thoughts.

I know this is a lot to take on but I'm going to incorporate my word into my yearly tweaks.

1 comment:

  1. Love this - partly similar to mine. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete