Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wonderful Teachers

I'm envious of those people that have that one teacher that has touched their lives so profoundly that they remember them with fondness and admiration. It takes someone special to inspire someone's life and enhance the direction they are going.
The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. ~Author Unknown
My middle son has been that lucky this year. He was blessed with a wonderful student teacher, Ms. Pacioni. I know she will do great things in her teaching career. There is just something special about her. My son and her made such a great connection it was amazing to see. They shared this bond over the Shil Silverstein's book Where the Sidewalk Ends. In particular the poem If the World Was Crazy. Ms. Pacioni helped him come out of his shell and be able to express himself more. It's easy to over look my son - he's quiet, intelligent and doesn't need much direction to do his work. In today's over crowded classrooms, it's easy for him to get lost. She made the effort to really connect with him and in return I believe he has made a mark on her as well.

Friday was her farewell and good luck party. He still has an amazing teacher so I'm not worried about his education. But he is losing that special connection that he had. I'm sure we will see Ms. Pacioni throughout the school year but it's not the same.

I hope he has the opportunity again to find that special teacher that connects with him on that unique level.

No comments:

Post a Comment