Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Make the Connection

Remember the Make the Connection craze back in the late 90s. It was something that Bob Greene, Oprah's trainer at the time, and Oprah did. Well, I remember it. I read the books and I even got that companion journal to help me along the way.

During our cleaning of our storage room I came across the journal. It had a whopping 7 entries in the whole book. I was never much of a dairy keeper. As I read the entries, I was amazed at how far I've come.

Here's the entry from March 3, 1996:

7:00 am Well, I talked myself out of getting up and working out. I plan on working out tonight, that is usually not a problem. I have to work out at least three times this week.
8:00 pm Ate a good lunch, did not snack on junk. Played racket ball for 1 hour. Was not feeling good. My attitude is getting worse. How do I get out of this slump?


I still have a problem just getting up and working out, but now I eat breakfast and do my workout once the boys go to school. If I wait until later it will not happen.

I also found it funny that Bob Greene is once again part of my "get healthy" lifestyle. We got the Wii Active for Christmas and Bob Greene has videos on it to help motivate you along the way.

The biggest thing I noticed in the entries was how defeated and lost I sounded. It's nice to know that I keep pushing through the difficult areas of my life and now my entries would be more positive.

If I had to do an entry today it would be:

10:00 am - Got the boys off to school. Had a great 30 minute workout with Wii Active. Feel great!

2:00 pm - Had lunch with my little guy. Had some leftover chicken salad and an orange. Even thought I had to deal with some stressful things at work, I didn't take it home with me. I just take a lot of deep breathes and move on.

10:00 pm - Had a good dinner with my family. Had time to unwind. Had a soccer game - great workout. Life is good!
When is the last time you looked back at an old dairy, journey or blog entry? It's a great way to get a peek at where you have been and how far you have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment