Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Off to a CLEAN start...

My hubby and I had a big task on our to do list for awhile now - clean the storage room in our basement. Since my word of the year is clean and since we had quite a few boxes already out of the storage room from the Christmas decorations; we felt this was the perfect time to get that task off our list.

It amazing the junk you find stored in boxes. Why did we even keep this? What is that? Oh! That's were those were? It was fun looking through some of the long forgotten treasures/trash that we held on to. Here is one of the beauties we came across:


This was my first doll - beanie. She has a pull string in the back and I was amazed that it still worked. In her cute little voice she would say "Let's play peek-a-boo", "Baby sleepy" and about 4 other sayings. I loved this doll. She came with me when I had to have surgery when I was a toddler and she was just always there. She has seen much better days and she use to smell so much better.

In the end we removed 1/3 of the stuff we had in our storage room. Some is junk, some we might try to sell on ebay, and some will be donated. It's a wonderful feeling to walk into the room now and actually be able to walk and see what we have on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment