Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting Fresh






Hello, Happy New Year and Welcome!
If you are coming over from my old blog welcome back, it's great to see you again.  If you are new to my blog, I'm glad you stopped by.  I started the new blog to begin fresh (even though I brought over most of the old content). I wanted a new blog name, blog address and a clean slate of thought, so here goes...

I'm on a quest to refocus my life and do the things I've always wanted to do. I’ve discovered that I somehow turned into a perfectionist. I don’t know how that happened and for a while I didn’t even know I was one.  Over time I realized that many of my “issues” stemmed from this perfectionist attitude.

There were many things that started to bring on this change in me. One of those events was when I was lucky enough to take a scrapbooking class from Ali Edwards at CKU. The class was A Week in a Life. It had you focus on the little things that get over looked. This really helped me see what truly meant something to me, the little things. But she also said something that really struck me and has stuck with me.  It’s one of her mantra’s – Embrace Imperfection. I just loved this. It sang to me and this phrase always comes to my mind when I’m struggling to be perfect.

As most quest, this will be a long journey. I will face many ups and downs. I’ll have my struggles and the joy of adventure and discovery. I hope you can join me on this journey and maybe discover the imperfection in you and embrace it.

Happy trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment