Monday, January 3, 2011

What's Important?



As I’m trying to rediscover myself, I had to ask myself this question. I was going in so many directions that I lost my core self.  I was wasting time on “should do” instead of “want to do”. The things that made me happy and joyful were being lost in the crowd.

So what is important? 

My family. I adore my three boys and husband. I also love my parents, siblings and other extended family.  How I’m I honoring those relationships?

My health. Over the last few years I’ve been working on this, but this year I really want to step it up. I know how I feel when I’m fit and fueling my body with good nourishing food. I want to make my 40s the best ever. It’s never to late! How I’m I going to reach my goals?

My creativity. I also loved creating things. It was not always nourished and sometimes even frowned upon. I want to really explore the artist in me and let her shine. How I’m I going to learn more and play more?

These are the three areas of my life that bring me the most joy and satisfaction.  I want to embrace these areas without the stress of being prefect and doing all the things that people say I should do. I’m going to be imperfect in my pursuit of making these things happen, but that is what a journey is – ups and downs and lots of memories and fun in the process.  Here’s to the process!!

No comments:

Post a Comment