Sunday, April 11, 2010

Old School


Recently we introduced our boys to something that most of us grew up with - Looney Tunes. They have heard of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck but never really watched them. We downloaded a Daffy Duck movie from NetFlix and sat back to see what they thought of Mom and Dad's cartoons.

I was amazed. My boys were laughing out loud. They thought they were great - just like we did. I don't think I've every heard my kids laugh that much watching "their" cartoons. They would chuckle on occasion, but nothing like when they were watching Tweety Bird turn into a monster after drinking a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde potion.

I know people say that the old cartoons are too violent but really I don't think so. They are slap stick comedy. Yes there are guns and hammers, but it never made me want to hit my siblings in the head with a hammer. It also taught me about all the great classical music that is out there. Today's cartoons are usually sassy and disrespectful and still violent. I've forgotten how much I loved Looney Tunes and I'm glad I got to take a walk back in time to laugh our loud with my boys.

For those of you that loved Looney Tunes here's a great one. I love this one because when Bugs is dressed as a women, his name is Brunhilde. That's my mom's name. It's not too often you hear that in the media. (Shelly if you read this make sure mom watches the video) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment