Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Best Cookies Ever


I'm not a big fan of processed food. I always liked to cook and bake, but I really didn't get serious about it until we found out my son had food allergies. It became necessary for me to make things so he would be safe. During this journey I learned many things about food and our food system and I made more changes in our food choices. I believe in eating health but I also believe in the yummy things that have sugar and butter in them. My compromise between the eating clean and enjoying my favorite comfort foods is that I must make them, not buy them. If I want a cookie and I have to bake them, sometimes I will think twice about how much I really want that cookie. Over time I'm not that tempted to buy baked goods, because they just don't taste as good as the ones I make.  This works for me and my family. That being said, today was baking day...


One of my favorite cooking blog is Brown Eyed Baker. I don't remember how I stumbled on this gem of a site, but I do love so many of her recipes. A few months ago I made her Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. I figured it's just another cookie recipe, but my family went crazy. My husband, who LOVES chocolate chip cookies, declared them the best cookie he ever ate.  Now I make these wonderful cookies when we are craving something yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment