Friday, January 28, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Update on Peanut Free Issue:

We did get a response back from my sons teacher the next morning after we sent the email with our concerns. She was very apologetic about the handout and was working on fixing the problem. She decided to cancel the friendship mix and sent a note home with all the kids explaining that "we have students with peanut/nut allergies and this idea is not a good one for their health".  I'm very glad that the teacher took such quick action, but I would have like to have had the chance to work with her to make this a good option. In the end, this issue has been fixed. It's little steps. I realized that I have much work in front of me to educate this new school on dealing with food allergies and the wonderful kids that have to deal with this health issue.



Book review:

I finished my first book of the year: World without End by Kenneth Follett.  Wonderful book! It's so rich with history references and the characters are so interesting.  This is the second book I've read by this author and they have both been such good reads. Warning: This is not a quick read, it's over 1,000 pages but it keeps you entertained the whole time.

Now, I have to get his new book: Fall of Giants. I'm sure it will be awhile before I pick it up.  Even though I love his books they are daunting because of their size. I have a few other books waiting for me to read, so I'll do something lite next.

What books are on your must read list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment