Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bring It On

Lose Weight.

Get Fit.

Exercise More.

Eat Less.

We have all said one of these things at some point in our life. I've been saying these things sense I was in high school. It's always been a goal to look and feel better. Over the last few years I've been working really hard at getting my "baby" weight back under control.  I did many things during that time. I read many books, learned about food and labeling, watched many documentaries, did Weight Watchers, had a trainer, started eating clean and just educated myself on all that I could.  I'm still learning, but I had so many light bulb moments throughout my journey.

With all these changes I was able to get down to my goal weight and I've been maintaining it for a few years now. So this year I wanted to work on getting in better physical shape. I want to see some muscle on my arms and legs and it would be nice to see some abs too! I don't think that's asking too much. I decided to take the leap and start the P90X program. Let me just say "OOOUUUCCHHH!"  I did my first workout on Saturday, Chest & Back.  By bedtime I could barely lift my arms up to put my pjs on.

I know this program is really going to challenge me. You are suppose to finish the program in 90 days, but I've already decided that I'm not going to kill myself to do that. If I have to skip a day, no big deal, I just need to bring it the next day.

I'm looking forward to reshaping my body and getting strong. I love that my kids enjoy doing the exercise with me. I'm not only doing this for me, but to set an example to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment