Sunday, January 9, 2011

One Little Word

Our January task for One Little Word was to really get to know our word.  What does it mean, why did we choose the word and what do we want from the word.  This was a very interesting project because I had to get up close and personnel with the word 'ignite'.   Below is the page I did for the my One Little Word:



The hardest part of the page was finding the right quote for my word. Ignite is not used in a lot of poems or quotes.  Here are a few that I was considering:
Whether one is twenty, forty, sixty, or eighty; whether one has succeeded, failed or just muddled along - life begins each morning! The greatest fact in life is that it is never too late to start again. Biography simply overflows with inspiring examples of this truth. However discouraging your days may have been, keep this thought burning brightly in your mind: life begins each morning!
L.M. Hodges

and another


When you know who you are;
when your mission is clear and you
burn with the inner fire of unbreakable will;
no cold can touch your heart;
no deluge can dampen your purpose.
You know that you are alive.
Chief Seattle

and another


I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London

but the one I choose is


Life is not a 'brief candle'. It is a splendid torch that I want to make burn as brightly as possible before handing on to future generations.
George Bernard Shaw

What do you know about your One Little Word?



1 comment: