Sunday, January 2, 2011

Yesterday & Today

Ali Edwards: Yesterday & Today Class


I'm starting off my creativity this year by taking some on-line classes. One of my favorite people in the scrapbooking industry is Ali Edwards. I find her very motivating and inspirational and I love that she focuses on the story behind the picture not just the photo. 

The goal of Yesterday & Today is to help you meaningfully document and celebrate life by looking to the past before approaching the stories of today.



This is a 12 week course that will focus both on the stories of my youth but also on where I'm at today and making a connect in those stories. I'm really looking forward to looking thought old photos and digging up those old stories that are locked away in my memory so I can share them with my family.

This weeks assignment was to brainstorm answers to the following question: "If you were gone tomorrow, what would you want others to know about you and the life you have lived?"  This was very hard for me, but I did a few different brainstorm sessions to see what would come up.  The goal for this workshop is to have 12 stories that you want to tell. Over the next 12 weeks we will be focusing on a different story and creating a 12x12 scrapbook layout for the class. 

So what were my 12 answers? You will have to wait to find out, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment