Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Clear the Clutter


Just a quick post about my latest 52 weeks of organizing. This week I tackled my dreaded hall closest. This closet is always an issue for me. I think the reason it gets so out of control is that I don't always take the time to put things were they belong in the first place. When I'm unpacking the bags from the store I'll just set the items in an open space with the intent of coming back. I hope I learned my lesson that it's better to touch something once and put it were it belongs the first time.  Here's the before image:


I found lots of interesting things in the closet. The first things to go were the play pen and crib sheets. We haven't had a crib or play pen in about 3 years! Then I put those little items that pile up (dental floss, little tubes of toothpaste, razor blade refills) in to their own baskets. Everything else was separated into categories.  Now just by looking I can see what I'm running low on and what I need to restock. The whole project only took about 30-45 minutes and that was with some interruptions. I really like the outcome for that amount of energy.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday through Saturday and would love for you to join the party.
    http://organizeyourstuffnow.com

    ReplyDelete