Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekend Crop


A few weeks ago I went to my first weekend crop in over a year. It was so much fun to get together with my friends and spend the day doing what we all love. The hardest part is getting my supplies together without bring everything I own.


To make the packing easier I do a few easy steps.

1. Get my photos printed. You would think this is a no brainer but one time I went to a crop and didn't have photos.


2. Pick out paper to go with the photos and any special embellishments. I separate these items in a large 12x12 divider by Scrap-n-File.


3. Get my basic supplies together. I have a tote that holds all my go-to supplier and I also include some white, black and kraft paper.


4. Get my basic embellishments together. Right now this includes my letter stickers, journaling squares, bling and some Tim Holtz's items. It could also include some new items I just bought and want to use.


5. Only a few other special items. At this crop I brought my box of inks, some stamps and my blocks because I knew I wanted to do some stamping.



If I bring more then this, I spend more time looking for things instead of getting down to business.  If I'm missing something I just try to use what I have and sometimes the results are so much better then what I originally thought.


I was quite happy with the amount of pages I finished at the 12 hour crop, even though I spend too much time talking. My limited packing really helps me focus on creating and not searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment