Wednesday, February 9, 2011

White Out

I'm a big believer in whole foods. I think we, as American, consume to much fake food. Most of our diets are over processed chemicals with very little nutrition. Due to the fact that I have a child with a severe food allergy, I had to learn more then I ever wanted to learn about our food system. Let me just say there are many things that concern me, but this is not what this post is about.  This post is about a new movement trying to change the diets of the youngest eaters: babies.

Most babies first foods are refined rice cereal. There is a new movement to end this introduction to over processed food in our children. It's called the White Out. The goal of this movement is to:

Let every kids' first grain be a whole grain. There's no good reason not to. They won't mind. They'll thank you."

Together we can change 50 years of tradition in just one year. Let's END white rice cereal for babies by Thanksgiving 2011!
Check out this video for more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment