Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yesterday & Today - Week 6

This weeks lesson was to look at our own evolution. How have we changed? How has our families changed? How have our thoughts changed? Any type of evolution. This was very interesting to me because I feel that I've changed so much from when I was younger. My problem was that I couldn't figure out what story I really wanted to tell. I usually jump right into an assignment because I'm afraid if I don't I will not get to it. But with this assignment I need to stew on it. Ideas would flow in and out during the day and night, but nothing was grabbing hold of me. As the week went by I thought great I'm not going to get this done and it's going to snowball.  Wait.  Breath. There is no time limit except in my mind.

Once I did this a light bulb went off and I had an idea. It started out small but it kept popping up. Then something unexpected happened. One of my boys got strep throat. What does this have to do with anything? I was suppose to help in his class and now I'm home for the day with a sick kid. The gift of unexpected time. Love it! So off to work on the idea I had.

Yesterday & Today Week 6 - Digi Elements from Ali Edwards and Daily Digi Kit 36


This layout is about my thoughts on being a mom. People have told me that they never pictured me as a mom and that they are so surprised at how involved and serious I take the job. It's true. Mom was not big on my list when I was younger. But things change. People change. I'm so glad I changed and now I get to spend my days filled with the laughter, yelling, giggling, talking, fighting, playing of three little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment