Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yesterday & Today - Week 7

I'm really loving the Yesterday & Today class. First of all Ali Rocks!! I love her style and the focus on stories. This class has really pulled me out of my comfort zone and it's been exciting. I've been thinking more about the little stories that get put aside and I've been really wanting to include more journaling on my pages.

This weeks class was a challenge for me.  The topic was Then & Now. A compare or contrast view on something from Then & Now. Seems simple enough but I was having a hard time thinking of a deep story to share. Again the perfectionist in me was at work thinking that if the story wasn't earth shaking then it wasn't worth it.  Step in the unperfectionist: any story that has some meaning to me is worth sharing. So I went with a story that is really close to my heart & soul. Fitness.


The story is not going to change lives but it's my story. What makes me happy, what keeps me going. Would I have scrapbooked this story before taking this class? Probably not. I would not have thought to put these two pictures together in the past, but I really like how this turned out.  And I plan on doing more Then & Now pages in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment