Friday, March 18, 2011

Clear the Clutter


I didn't have a specific goal in mind this week. I had a lot on my plate and didn't want to put extra stress and pressure on myself. I figured if I get around to one of my task - great!  If not, no big deal, there is always next week.  But I did do a little decluttering and started a project I've been wanting to do.

I've read about the power of an inspiration board many times. Every time I've read an article about this topic, I thought I should do that. But it never got to the top of my to do list.

I had a pile of magazine starting to grow and knew I needed to do something about them before they started taking over. I realized this would be a great time to start my inspiration board on fitness and health - since the magazines were related to those topics. I gathered the magazines, a poster board, scissors and glue and got to work.

I went through the magazines and ripped out any recipes or workout routines I wanted to keep. If a saying or picture inspired me I would cut it out and glue it onto the poster board. I gave myself 1 hour to go through all the magazines.  In the end I have a good start on my inspiration board and I no longer have a pile of magazines creating clutter.  The articles I tore out were put either into my recipe binder or workout binder right away, so I didn't create another pile of clutter.

I plan on adding to the board as inspiration hits and I'm going to hang it by my treadmill to keep me motivated. Who knew decluttering would help me get other items on my to do list done?

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Taking a week off to get inspiration is a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a magazine article saver, too. My mom doesn't quite understand why I can read magazines so quickly. It's because I skim and tear out anything I want to keep. Found you through BFS.

    ReplyDelete