Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In with the Old


I know the saying is "out with the old, in with the new", but the old can be new too.

When my boys were younger they were big into Thomas the train.  We have two large totes just packed with track, buildings and trains. We would play with the trains on a daily bases, but like most things they started to loss interest in the trains and moved on to other toys. So I took the totes and packed them away in a storage closet. And there they sat.

Last weekend I decided to pull out the totes and see what would happen. It was like Christmas! The boys (and me) had so much fun building a track in the living room. Our goal was to use every piece. The trains provided hours of entertainment and moans when it was time to put them away for the night.



The next morning the boys started building another track before school. I was really surprised by this...I thought the magic would only last one day. After school and homework they were back to playing with the trains.  This has gone on for a week now.

I love seeing what configuration they come up with for the track. I enjoy watching them interact with each other. I'm a big believer in rotating toys and this really proved that absent makes the heart grow fonder.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've popped in from Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers and love your profile. I can relate to the perfectionsit trait... I frustrate myself sometimes!
    I love the railtrack and know exactly what you mean about rotating toys. So much more fun!
    Look forward to reading more of your blogs.
    Sandie
    http://itchifingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete