Tuesday, March 1, 2011
One Little Word Blog Hop
Hello and welcome to my blog! If you are coming here from Katrina blog, I'm glad you could stop by. I hope you are enjoying this One Little Word Blog hop. If you are unfamiliar with One Little Word be sure to visit Big Picture Classes or Ali Edwards Blog for more information. The short explanation is instead of a resolution for the year, you have a word to inspire you.
My word for this year is IGNITE. If you would like to see what I've posted about my word already please check out this post.
This months was all about seeing my word through the lens of my camera. The goal was to get nine photos that either literally or figuratively represented my word. At first I was worried, I wasn't really sure how I was going to capture my word in photos. So I started with the literal photo first: a candle burning
The figurative photos were much harder. I didn't know where to start. I decided to make a list of the areas in my life that I want to ignite this year. Once I had this list I needed to think of ways to represent these passions.
The last year my life has been very off balance. I need to ignite balance by looking at how I spend my time, energy and money and make sure I'm spending these resources to bring balance to my life.
My health is very important to me. I've made many changes over the years to be healthier. I want to ignite my health by only putting food that was grown and not processed into my body.
Just taking this photo ignited my joy. I had to do many takes with the auto timer to get a decent photo. I want to bring back the joy in the little things, in the mundane things, in the everyday things. Life is too short to be crabby about folding the laundry. I need to find the joy in the task and focus on that beautiful feeling.
So there you have it. Ignite in pictures. I hope you come back to see how I can ignite these aspects of my life. If you enjoyed what you saw, please leave a comment. And now onto your next stop on the One Little Word Blog Hog. Your next destination is over at Mandy's Blog. Thank you for stopping by and if you get lost along the way here is a complete list of all the stops on this Blog Hop.
1. Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com
2. Monica B http://scraplifters.blogspot.com/
3. Jill http://jillconyers.typepad.com/
4. Miranda http://mirandasscrapsite.blogspot.com
5. Donna http://www.donnabryantdurand.blogspot.com
6. Lynn www.crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
7. Stacey http://www.TheAcornGarden.com/blog
8. Lisa http://backtoallen.com/writers_blog
9. Cassie http://craftycassiescorner.blogspot.com
10. Abbey http://athomewiththerichardsfamily.blogspot.com/
11. Nicky http://seejanebake.blogspot.com
12. Holly http://lovingrobots.blogspot.com
13. Karen http://breathenowsmile.blogspot.com
14. Claudia http://creative-moms.com
15. Rebekah http://istampscrapcraft.blogspot.com
16. Kimberly http://foreverdaisies.blogspot.com
17. Kat www.katswonderings.blogspot.com
18. Kristina http://ciqis.blogspot.com
19. Jan http://mysimplelittlelife.typepad.com
20. Nikki http://www.inkyart.com.au/
21. Amanda www.scrappnbee.blogspot.com
22. Lisa http://luluoz.typepad.com
23. Sam http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com
24. Maureen http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com
25. Kristi http://theprojectofme.wordpress.com
26. Tere http://terecontodomicorazon.blogspot.com
27. Karen http://womenontractors.blogspot.com
28. Katrina http://k84mansramblings.blogspot.com
29. You Are Here http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com
30. Mandy http://captureandcreate.wordpress.com
31. Lisa http://makeyourownescape.blogspot.com
32. Chrissy http://getcraftywithchrissy.blogspot.com
33. Lee http://thelinarstudio.typepad.com/embracelife
34. Jen www.byjen.com
35. Sylvia http://baxtersmom1.blogspot.com/
36. Christianne http://christiannemarra.blogspot.com/
37. Cheri http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com
38. Joy www.undiscoveredjoy.blogspot.com
39. Beth http://justbebeth.wordpress.com/
40. Jennifer L www.studiojenn.blogspot.com
41. Kathryn www.katlodesigns.com
42. Heather www.scrappyhare.blogspot.com
43. Cindy http://seriousplay.typepad.com
44. Cynthiau http://paperpapereverywhere.blogspot.com/