Saturday, April 16, 2011

Card Challenge

I spent some time being creative the other day and enjoyed the latest The Play Date Cafe challenge.  Here are the colors for the challenge:


I really loved the colors....beautiful earth tones. If you look in my closet you would find a lot of brown and green.

Here's the card I pulled together for this challenge.  Sorry about the scan, the colors came out darker, but my camera is acting up.

I used my Tim Holtz dies for the background label and flourish. The stamp sentiment and stickers are from CTMH and I used distressing ink on the edges of the card.

Do you have any tips on taking pictures of your cards for posting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for stopping by during your weekend.  Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Monica! Love the flourish and that great CTMH sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    *When I take pictures of my cards, I like to use natural lighting. So I usually photograph my cards near two adjacent windows, to get (not direct) sunlight from more than one angle. I find that the natural lighting brings out the true colors on my card. Hope that tip helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I recently got that same Tim H flourish die and love it! It looks so elegant here on your card. THanks for playing with us at The Play DAte Cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of those flourishes and the rustic feel of your card! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    p.s. I use a light box - I made this one: http://www.digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent

    ReplyDelete