Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crafting with Kids





We are a big book family. A problem with this is we never can find a bookmark when we need one. So when I saw this craft on Papercraft Star blog, I knew it would be a great activity for over spring break.  I like the idea of a corner bookmark because they will not fall out of the book, which is always frustrating.

I made the one above using the Xtreme Stamp Set by CTMH (which concludes my 5 Project Challenge).  The boys loved this so much that they made several.  This was a wonderful craft to use up some scraps and to let the boys individuality really shine. It's always fun to see what colors and embellishments they decide to use for their bookmarks.

Their creations are now tucked into their favorite books, holding their places for the next night of reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hi just popped over from BFS. Love the fact that you encourage your kids to read. I thank my stars that my mum encouraged me to read when i was a child...i still love books.
    What a great way to get them crafting too, lol.

    caroline

    ReplyDelete