Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fundraiser Event

A friend of mine is hosting a fund raising event on behalf of her 7-year old son, Stefan, who has high functioning autism.  Stefan was diagnosed 4 years ago, and like other families affected by autism, they have spent thousands of dollars on treatments for this diagnosis. The money raised at this event will not only help to support Stephan, but also assist my friend in beginning a non-profit organization. The goal of this organization will be to provide resources and support to families affected by autism.  If you are interested in helping out please Stefan's Hope on Facebook.

I made something for my friend to use for her Silent Auction. I'm hoping it will help but since I usually just make my crafts for me or friends, I'm not sure how other people will perceive the item. My friend plans on putting the item in a "family" basket and I'm hoping it helps her sell more raffle tickets.







If you are in the Detroit area and would like to attend the event or if you would like to make a donation, please go to Stefan's Hope on Facebook.

6 comments:

  1. From what I can see it looks lovely and I'm sure it will make a difference. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mini-album and such a wonderful way for you to help! I can't imagine it not helping the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! It's adorable, I'm sure it will sell lots of tickets!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's fabulous & heartfelt. i hope it's all a great success. maryjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely mini album and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete