Monday, April 18, 2011

Meal Plan Monday


If someone would have told me that the ABC Frittata  I made last week we have been enjoyed by my picky eater, I would have bet them they were wrong. My picky eater (or selective eater as we call it sometimes) doesn't eat much of anything.  Well, not only did he like it, he was excited about it. He watched it in the oven and exclaimed "It looks like a pizza."  Maybe that was the trick. If I can get more things to look like a pizza or a hot dog he will eat them.  Hmmmmm.  I'll have to think about that one.

Four our of Five of my family members enjoyed the ABC Frittata . The Fifth member said it was too much like an omelet and he doesn't like omelets. This recipe got two thumbs up from me because it was easy to put together, used ingredients I always have on hand and was frugal for our budget.

Now on to this week. I'm trying to just work with what I have in the freezer and cabinets.  The one exception is for Sunday, which is Easter, and I'm hosting a brunch.  Here's the plan:

Monday: Turkey burgers with salad, Smoky & Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes, and Carrots.

Tuesday:  Turkey Pot Pie (Clean Eating Magazine Jan 2010)

Wednesday: Asian Style Tilapia (Oxygen magazine May 2010) with Brown Rice and Veggies.  (This Rice Recipe cooks like pasta and only takes 30 minutes)

Thursday: Pizza Night

Friday: Left Over

Saturday: Spaghetti with Simple Tomato Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread

Sunday: Easter Brunch: Eggs, Bacon, Chocolate Chip Scones, Cinnamon Bread, Hot Crossed Buns, Haeffekrunz, Blueberry Muffins, Fruit Salad. 

Haeffekrunz is a traditional German yeast type bread.  You can make it many different ways but it is always DE-LI-CIOUS!!

I'm also going to dye eggs this week using this natural egg dye recipe.  We are going to use just three colors to see how it turns out.  Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm.... You're making me hungry just reading this!!

    ReplyDelete