Sunday, April 24, 2011

Yesterday & Today - Week 12

I know. The Yesterday & Today class ended about a month ago but better late than never. I finally had some time to work on the finally few layouts.  Week 12 assignment was to use the stuff you find laying around on your desk, counters and other surfaces.  The paper stuff that seems everyday but has some meaning or importance to your life right now.

The items I included in my layout were our Vacation planning sheet, a picture my youngest made me, some grocery receipts, Great Grandma's 99th birthday invitation, paint swatch for my oldest room, Detroit Zoo Map, Magazine Order form, Letter I wrote to our Senator, a Bakugan card, a drawing my middle child drew, a love note from my oldest and my meal plan for the week.




Another interesting perspective on capturing our story.  That is one of the things I love about Ali's classes and her style, she makes you think outside the box when it comes to telling a story.

5 comments:

  1. The 'everyday' stuff will be really interesting to look back on in a few years. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a class I didn't take, but it looks great! Love what you ended up with! I too love Ali's stuff!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took that class the first time she offered it but unfortunately I still haven't finished all of the assignments. I did do this one, though and I think it is so cool. What I love about it is how simple and easy yet meaningful it is. And it gets all that stuff I collect in a place that is organized and visible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Oh dear...I did this class the first time and failed to complete any of the tasks :( Its on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love your post, what a great take on Ali Edwards' idea.

    ReplyDelete