Friday, May 27, 2011

Books


I love books.

Give me drama, romance, young adult, mystery, sci-fi fantasy, self-help.

I just love them.

My problem is I don't have a lot of free time and I'm a slow read.

I realized when I was picking out a book to bring with me on our road trip that I have 9 books in the process of reading.


Fall of the Giants by Ken Follett
Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider
the Twilight Saga: the official illustrated guide by Stephanie Meyer
the Eat Clean Diet Stripped by Tosca Reno
Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys by Michael Thompson, Phd
Finding Your Purpose as a Mom by Donna Otto
the Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson



Now some of these are audio and some are on my ipad, but most are just good old fashion books. After writing this list I'm wondering if I should cut back on the amount I read at one time.  That way I might actually finish a book in a timely manner.

Do you read more than one book at a time? What's your "must" read book right now? My next one is the Help by Kathryn Stockett.


I did finish two of these books on our road trip.  The twilight saga book. I could have saved my money. Some parts were interesting, but much of the information you would know if you read the books. It was a good book to bring on the road because I could put it down at any time and not worry about being lost when I picked it back up.

I also finished Organized Simplicity.  I really liked this book.  I plan on working through it this summer and use the ideas to clean up each room of our house.

Stop by on Wednesday June 1st for the next OLW bog hop.

  Xnomads' Blog

2 comments:

  1. I'm always reading more than one book at a time! I have one by the exercise bike, several by the bed, one by my chair in the living room, etc. I read The Help last year and really enjoyed it. Right now I'm trying to finish Isaac's Storm (about the 1900 hurricane in Galveston) because it's borrowed from a lady that my hubby works with and I don't want to keep it too long. Then I must read Twenties Girl before my June book club meeting. Then I'm planning to re-read all the Harry Potter books before the last movie comes out in July! That should keep me busy, I think! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a book lover too! I seem to have 3 or 4 books going at one time.l

    ReplyDelete