Tuesday, June 21, 2011

End of the School Year

Last Thursday was my boys last day of school for the 2010-2011 school year. It was a crazy year, but we got through it. This was the first year at our new school. Our old school was closed down due to budget cuts. It was hard getting use to the new staff, new teachers and new families. We were comfortable with our old ways and we really did get spoiled at our old school - it was a really excellent educational family.

In the end, things got easier. We got to know the new system and the system is including some ideas from our old school.  It's was and still is a lot of growing pains for everyone.

I was very proud of my boys. They all brought home excellent report cards and their teachers were very proud of their hard work and progress.

To thank the wonderful teachers I made them a special cookie bouquet. It's been awhile since I made one of these and I really need to do it more often.  For one, I love sugar cookies.  And two, they always look so nice.  I just bought little pots from Michales and some silk flowers to fill in the gaps.


I also stamped the thank you tags. The sentiment and dandelion stamps is from CTMH Treasures. The Thank You is from Technique Tuesday Loving Words by Ali Edwards.  Other supplies Tim Holtz Distressing Inks


For the office staff and bus driver I made little cookie goodie bags for them.


I'm  curious: What do you usually give to your kid's teachers? Do you normal make something or buy something?

2 comments:

  1. Those are cool gifts for the teachers and other staff! I may have done something when my kids were in primary school but now that they're older I'm lazy and don't give teacher gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea - they must have been so pleased. TFS

    ReplyDelete