Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Less is More Challenge

This week I decided to do my Less is More challenge earlier. I missed the boat last week by one day.  I finished the card and when I finally took the photo and uploaded it, I was late for the cut off time.


This weeks challenge was sketch:



I started playing around with some ideas in Photoshop Elements. I wanted to make a completely digital card, something I've never done. As I was looking through my supplies I came across these champagne glasses. We have a wedding to attend next month, so I ran with this element.

I originally had the words on top to be the third 'circle', but I liked how it looked better this way.  That's the great thing about a sketch, you use it for a jumping block and it doesn't have to be exact.



Here's what I did for last weeks challenge.


I printed out Did It multiple times on some white paper and attached it behind the monogram U.  We have some graduation parties to attend this summer, so this card will come in handy.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Monica
    Your card is FAB, although our main criteria on LIM is for there to be plenty of white space...or card base 'blank' space.
    Love your idea too of the glasses and sentiment being the 3 'circle' elements, just would need to be on one line to follow our sketch
    Great to see you

    Thank you
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandi is right of course but, that said, your cards are still simply super

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica,
    We would actually like to be able to recognise the original sketch within the card entered and so would have loved to have seen three elements within the band.... maybe I'm being the perfectionist here... I also like to see white space !!!
    Thanks so much anyway!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these ladies are very strict Monica! The red space is performing as white space on your monogram card rather well I thought and I love your U printed with 'did it'. The wedding card might be a little less CAS but it certainly has a celebratory feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, these ladies can be strict with us and helping to keep us in line...but no matter..you've still created two fab cards!
    My Card

    ReplyDelete