Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Power Scrapping

I took a wonderful class over at Big Picture Classes. It was called Power Scrapping and was taught by Katie the Scrapbook Lady. It was a four week class focusing on the work flow of digi scrapping. She showed us her method of getting more pages done in small amounts of time.  I really loved this idea and was very surprised how it all worked out.  Breaking down the work flow into manageable steps really helped me get some pages done.  Most steps only took me 30 minutes total for all 5 pages. The longest part was when I decided I need to do some shopping.

Paper & Title: Tia Bennett 2peas January Freebie, Cake & Balloons from TNT_Hullabaloo Kit

Template from Designers Digital: KPertiet Freebie

I don't remember who made these items - sorry!

Designers Digital: Katie Pertiet: Hoops Paper & Hoops Brushes

Two Peas in a Bucket: Angie Kovacs: Fresh from the Oven Kit

One big thing I learned was when you use a template check what size it is.  I did two of these pages before realizing I was using a template for a card.  I could figure out why I had to keep resize my stuff. Luckily, it was very easy to fix that problem and the template design still worked for my 12x12 size page.

If you are having trouble getting your creative time in, this class may help you.  I'm curious, how do you fit scrapbooking into your busy life?

2 comments:

  1. Great pages Monica! Love that one with the filmstrip and it gives me a fantastic idea for a prom page...

    Couldn't find the Power Scrapping class over at BPC. Hopefully they will offer it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When scrap booking first got started, I was hooked. Although, it has been years since I have had any kind of time to do any scrap booking. I love your pages.

    ReplyDelete