Friday, July 29, 2011

Fitness Friday


Well I did it! I decided to run a 5K in the Fall. I've been trying to run at least 4 times a week.  I did my first 2 mile run a few days ago and it felt great. I don't consider myself a runner. I can run fast, just not far, so this is a big challenge for me. My biggest problem is boredom.  I can walk on my treadmill for an hour with no problem because I can read, but staring at a wall for that long drives me crazy.

I did venture out and ran outside for the first time. I loved it. I actually ran a minute faster than when I'm on the treadmill and I didn't get so bored. The fresh air was wonderful and the peace and quiet so early in the morning was a great mood enhancer for the rest of the day.

Later in the day I came across this nike t-shirt and had to have it. This is going to my mantra when I'm feeling down or telling myself I can not do something. Practice Victory.  The more you practice the better you get.


I'm taking small steps and using the Coach to 5K plan to help me increase my distance.   My next challenge is to up my distance to 2.5 and then 3.2 miles.

This post is linked to Fitness Friday Blog Hop over at Life as I See It.


Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 2 mile milestone! I have heard nothing but great things about the couch 2 5K programs. I am spoiled and can't imagine not being able to run outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you and the choices you are making for yourself!! Good luck!!

    And in reference to your question at my blog, for some reason I didn't have to do anything to make 'em pose. Guess they were in a really good mood. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couch to 5K is how I *finally* (after years of trying and quitting) became a runner! I love it! Congratulations!

    I love that shirt. So. Much.

    (BTW I'm a new follower from Fitness Friday! Have a great weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! That is fantastic and fall is the perfect season to do it!! Cant wait to track you on your quest, that is great!

    new follower also from fitness friday!

    Courtney
    www.asocalledrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on these new goals! I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A 5K sounds like a great challenge to yourself. Way to go on the first 2 mile run! I got back on the stationary bike for the first time today after three week's of acting like it didn't exist! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing a great job! I'm about to start the C25K myself so I admire you greatly for doing it. There's a 5K in the middle of October that I want to sign up for but I just haven't been able to do it. Fear has gripped me. Keep up the great work!

    I found your blog through the Fitness Friday hop and I'm glad I did. Looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on going that far! I hate treadmill running but love going outside. It makes all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, love the shirt. I NEED one! Maybe I can find it at Dicks.

    Congrats on your first 5K and starting C25K. I've heard great things about the training program.

    I'm the opposite of what you described...I can run forever and a little bit more but I will never be considered a fast runner.

    Have a great weekend and thanks for linking up with Fitness Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go, you must be feeling so proud of yourself, and rightly so :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the t-shirt mantra, my dh has found he has to be registered for an event to stay motivated otherwise he puts off the training. Thanks for stopping by for my blogoversary celebration this week :)

    ReplyDelete