Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Less is More Challenge + Once Upon A Sketch

I'm working hard to keep with my goal of doing at least one challenge per week.  Last night I had some time to play and work on the Less is More Challenge.  The challenge was a One Layer challenger with a twist. The twist is that it had to have Something With Legs.  I actually did three cards. The first was horrible and I won't even show that one. 

The first card I stamped the web and spider with Versamark and added black embossing powder.  I drew the line connecting the web and spider. I stamped the words with black ink.

Inkadinkado - Creepy Crawly  CTMH - letter stamps

For this card I masked the circle and used distressing ink to color it in. I stamped the three monsters with black ink and added goggle eyes.  I drew the stitching marks around the circle and stamped the sentiment in black ink.
CTMH - Party Animal Set

I also decided to try my hand at a sketch challenge over at Once Upon A Sketch. I love sketches and templates, so I figured this would be right up my alley.  


I'm really happy how this page came together. I'm going to have to try my hand at the sketch challenge again.

11 comments:

  1. Super card, love the spider hanging onto it;s web
    Thank you for entering
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your interpretation of the sketch - great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super 'Hang on' card, loved the sentiment to go with the Spider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sentiment for the first card, especially as he's dangling. Love the peeking monsters on your second card too:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely LIM cards... love the spidery one, great sentiment too!
    Thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. great page!
    Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful take on the sketch.Thanks for playing at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great cards! The spider one is my favourite too - I like the way you stamped the image off the page and the sentiment balances beautifully. I like your scrapbook page too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a neat looking page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete