Friday, July 22, 2011

Once Upon A Sketch Challenge

I decided to try my hand at the Once Upon A Sketch Challenge again this week. I enjoy these challenges for two reasons: 1) Sometimes I have to think outside my comfort zone to work with the Sketch and 2) I actually get a page done.

Here's the sketch:


I used some of the photo strips we took at my husband's cousin's wedding. This is a paper layout, which I haven't done in a long time. I would say I'm 90% digital now, but when I have the photos in hand, I don't see the reason to scan them in my computer to scrapbook them.  I like to use what I have.


The background paper is Brazzill Swiss Dot and the pattern papers are Basic Grey. Butterflies are Amy Butler for K&Company and Bling is from Hero Arts. The rub-ons were in my stash but I didn't have the packaging so I'm not sure who made those.

7 comments:

  1. It's just gorgeous, and such a great sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous! I can only do double pages because I can't cope with pages that don't 'go' being opposite each other... Surely I'm not alone in that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a great Layout.
    Love those photo's!!!
    thanks for you comment on my blog!!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!!
    TONI
    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica good for you for taking up the challenge. Thanks for joining us at OUAS.
    Lovely lo with fabulous collection of snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Love the use of the photo strips...they look wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful page!
    Thanks for taking part in our OUAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo strips! Great job with this challenge. Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete