Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Photo Clutter

I have been a little behind on posting.  With all the summer activities and taking three on-line scrapbooking classes, I've been busy with other issues. Life is full of give and take, so I needed to take the time for my family and classes.  I'm sure you understand.

I'm taking classes over at Big Picture Classes and I had some time today to work on my assignments. I was happy that I could do one layout for two assignments plus a challenge I came across at Scrap the Boy.  Having three boys I think this might become one of my favorite challenge blogs.

The challenge rules this month is to use TAPE on your layout, this can be decorative tape, masking tape, or even think outside of the square and make your own. You also need to use PLAY in your title.  

For my Finding Photo Freedom class our assignment was to make a layout using our catogory files and since I have a catagory labeled Play, I knew this would work great. I was able to gather several photos over a four year period in a matter of seconds because of the Photo Freeedom class.  It's so exciting!!

The third part of this was for my class the Mother LOAD. The assignment was to make a layout and take notes on our process.  My process changes based on the inspiration but in general my process goes this way.

  • Have an idea or get inspired by challenge
  • Get photos
  • Select template or layout photos
  • Select paper
  • Select embellishments or kit to use
  • Add Title and journaling
Most papers and embellishments from Sahlin Studios - Grunge Set
To find out what I've been up to in my other class come back on August 1st for the One Little Word Blog Hop.

This post is being posted at Sandy's Challenge #5.

4 comments:

  1. I love the layout that your assignments have prompted you to make. That's a great theme too - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great Category Drawer layout & how wonderful that you were able to work on three assignments/challenges at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this layout. love how the colors pop against the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic 2 pager ! Hope you'll link it up to my Little Boy themed challenge here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/08/sandys-challenge-5.html

    ReplyDelete