Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Card Challenge

I'm really getting into these challenge blogs. I love the ideas they come up with and how it really makes me think outside my comfort zone.  For this card I did a challenge combo:

First is Less is More, the challenge is
FEELING FRUITY
 The second is a new challenge for me, CAS-ual Fridays, their challenge is 
The Long and Short of it:  Create a 4 x 9 card and 
keep it Clean And Simple!


When I opened up my work around I noticed a package of Maya Road felt fruit. I knew right away that I need to use these on the card. The rest of the inspiration was probably from our school shopping.



Supplies:

Felt Sticker - Maya Road
Stamp - CTMH September Word Puzzle
Border Punch - Fiskars
Ribbon - Unknown
Paper - Bazzill Cardstock
Staples - Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

20 comments:

  1. A super card. Very clever to use that sentiment with the tape measure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card! Love your felt apple, such a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card love the felt fruit XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, love the felt apple. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is gorgeous, I love that felt apple, it looks fab on a tall card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the super stiched apple, very well thought out card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow LOVE THE APPLE!!!
    The card is just stunning
    TONI
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! Love the fun measure tape and the felt-gorgeous texture! Great job with the long and short challenge :) Glad you played along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS!
    I really love the added texture of the felt apple!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much Monica.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so fun.. I love that felt apple.. so cute! Great card.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! Perfect! I absolutely love this! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect card for the fruit challenge, love it, that ruler is great
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great embellies. Great Card. I see we have some things in common with your 2011 Books. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever, clever card! The measuring tape and felt apple are perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week! I love your "play on words" in the ABOUT ME section..."scarproom...! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just brilliant Monica
    The felt apple looks fabulous, despite my teeth are on edge thinking about it lol
    Thank you so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Monica, love that felt apple, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute!! Love the felt and the ruler is a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great, fun felt embellishment! The ruler border is just right!

    ReplyDelete