Saturday, August 20, 2011

Challenges - Scrapbookers Anonymous

I found another challenge site that looks wonderful. I was inspired to give both of their challenges a try. Over at Scrapbookers Anonymous they do two challenges a month.  The challenges encourage you to use your stash and I have plenty of stash that needs to be used up.  I also love that you have more then one week to create something. I don't always have time every week, so some of the weekly challenges can be a little much for me.

On the first of the month they post their main challenge. This month it was to use your journaling spots or labels. Here's the card I made for this challenge:

Credits: Background paper and journaling paper: Making Memories. Felt Leaf Sticker: Queen & Co. Ink and Stamp:Tim Holtz. Alpha Sticker: My Minds Eye.

The second challenge is posted on the 15th of the month and it's an Alphabet challenge. Being this is the first month they have done this challenge the letter is 'A'. So the manufacturer you use either has to begin with an 'A' or you need to use something like an airplane.  I used an Apple for my inspiration.


Credits: Credits: Pattern papers: Making Memories. Ink and Stamp:Tim Holtz. Twine: My Minds Eye.

I'd love to know what your favorite challenge blogs are, please leave a comment and let me know the site and why you enjoy their challenges.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Love both of your creations...just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh both of these are fabulous. I love the way you've used the twine. Sounds like a good challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment - love your creations, especially the card, too - really nice colour combo! It's weird, I know a Monica Brady who lives just down the road here in Aussie - obviously not you!!!! Happy scrapping:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica. I love your cards. you interpreted our challenges perfectly. you even got a journal spot on the second one.. =) we totally understand the 'not' having time each week and that is why we went with our monthly and bi monthly challenges. Thanks so much for digging into your stash and playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun cards and such great things to have found in your stash. Love how you used those journaling blocks and that apple paper is fabulous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW....Those cards are fabulous and fun cards ... Love how you used those journaling blocks and that apple paper is fabulous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!! .. hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you played along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. You did a great job with both the challenges. Hope to see you playing along again!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A couple of great cards. Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards, I love the apple paper, I've not seen that before. I'm so glad you've found us at Scrapbookers Anonymous and like our challenges,hope to see you next month.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are gorgeous, Monica!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loveeeeeeeee these! Thanks soooooo much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete