Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Monthly Recap - July

July has come and gone. So much has happened this month it hard to remember everything. I'm glad I started these month recaps to help me remember not only the big things but the little things that have happened during the month.

1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Oxygen & Clean Eating - my usually monthly magazines
Distant Hours - Kate Morton (almost finished)
Rereading parts of 1-2-3 Magic


2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. Did I watch this month?

Cars 2 and Mr. Popper's Penguins

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 on opening night.
King Corn via Netflix
Friends with Benefits - Girls night out.


3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

Drive-in Movie
Trenton & Arlies wedding
Friday Night Crop with Anita
Surprise Birthday party at our house for Nana
Sister's family in town for visit

All the cousins together!

Coffee with RHS girlfriends
Midnight showing of Harry Potter
Boys went to Spring Hill Day Camp
DH took two oldest to Air Show
Movie night with RHS girlfriends
Went to Stony Creek to play on giant water slide and on the beach
William & I went to Harry Potter and out to lunch and school shopping



4. What gifts did I give and/or recieve?

Photo book for Nana's 70th birthday.

5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Text books
Mother LOAD Class

6. What illness or health concerns did I have?

Oldest burned his foot with a sparkler. 

7. What were my accomplishments this month?

Registered for school - 3 classes.
Up to 2 mile run.
Signed up for Mom2Mom sale and Scrapbook Garage Sale.

8. What disappointments this month?

I've been short tempered with the boys.
I haven't been keeping to my workout schedule.
I'm not drinking all my water.

9. How did I do on my goals for the month?

I'm still working on Finding Photo Freedom.  I'm behind on the creating task, but I'm still working on organizing and sorting my photos.

I'm still not drinking 64 oz of water each day. I'm realizing how import this is for me because it really effects my mood.

We have had a few game nights, but I would like to try for more.


10.  Anything else noteworthy to include?

I was asked to do a guest blog post.  It will be going live on August 8th at Heartland Living on a Budget.

Goals for next month:

Continue training for 5K
15 minutes organizing supplies 3x a week
Drink 64 oz water daily


This idea is from Katie the Scrapbook lady.

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to re-cap the month Monica. I'm trying to remember to get enough water every day, too - it certainly affects how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap! LOVE the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good month. Great job on making it to two miles, that's a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had a busy month, and really achieved a lot of what you wanted too. This is such a great way of keeping track of your life :).

    ReplyDelete