Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Starting School as an Adult



On Tuesday I went back to school. I'm a full time student again! I'm totally switching gears. My BA is in Computer Information Systems and my Masters is in Management. I always said that when I stayed home with my children that would be my time to figure out what I want to do with my life. It took some time and a lot of courage for me to admit that I wanted to do something creative.  So I'm a student in the Media Arts department.

I was extremely nervous and anxious on my first day. I feel like I need to know everything before class begins. I have to keep reminding myself, I'm going to school to learn so it's okay not to know it already. It's the perfectionist in me screaming that I have to be the best but I just need to be me. Learn from my mistakes. Not be afraid to try. Not be afraid to think outside the box. Not be afraid because I'm 40 in a class with a bunch of teenagers and 20 somethings. It's all good and things will work out and be fun.

Because of this big change in my life you will notice some changes around my blog.  The most noticeable will be the decline in post.  I still plan on doing some of the month blog hops that I do and if I find time to create a card or layout I will post it but I don't know how often that will happen.  I'm going to do my best to keep my blog active but I don't want to put unnecessary pressure on me.  So I'm not setting any goals when it comes to my blog.

I hope you will still check in even if I'm not posting like I have been.

5 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting Monica! I believe I could be a liftetime student - now, I just need to figure out what I want to learn next since my Bachelors & Masters are in Business Management. LOL I've actually been contemplating taking some continuing ed courses to learn to speak Spanish - been thinking about it for a few years. Who knows, this might be there you. Way to go starting something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck at school! What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you, I'm really in awe of you doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! You go girl! Follow your dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica...have just found you via Melissa's Blog. Hope you enjoy this new part of your life... a great adventure indeed!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete