Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Week in the Life

The Week in the Life project. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Every year when Ali announces the week that she is doing this project, I get excited. I love the concept. I love the fact that my very first Week In the Life project was done with Ali right in the room with me at CKU-Detroit.


I still treasure the album that was created that day back in 2007. My life is so different now just four short years later.  I did the project again in 2010.  Once again I loved it. So why was I reluctant to join in this year. This time she picked a week in the summer. We don't have a "normal" way of life in the summer. Some weeks someone has camp or we might be going to the beach. Other weeks we might just be sitting around the house relaxing. But this problem also intrigued me because I don't remember what we did four summers ago.What was the same and what is different.

So I jumped on the bandwagon. I printed out the worksheets to help me gather my information. I charged up my camera batteries. And I marked Week in a Life on my calendar for July 25 - July 31. I started out with gusto. Taking pictures of different things. Using the timer to get me in the action. When I uploaded my photos at the end of the week I realized I really didn't take many photos over the week. The last few days there wasn't very many at all. I was going to call it a wash and just move on, but I really liked some of the images I captured. I realized I might not have documented our days very well, but I documented our lives at this moment just fine.

I've been letting these photos sit. I've been looking at them off and on. I've come to the conclusion I need to make my Week in a Life pages. I'm not doing them based on the days of the week. I'm doing them based on the themes in our lives.  I have the first two pages done.

Theme One: Work



The journaling reads:

Each week we work. It’s a part of our life.
Monday’s I go into the office. The boys come with me during the summer. They get to enjoy some videos or extra game time on their game systems. I workout. I try for 5-6 days a week. It could be running, weight training or a group class. This has become a priority in my life. Even thought it’s summer the boys still have work to do. They have workbooks to do during the summer to keep their math, reading and writing skills fresh.

Theme Two: Play



The journaling reads:
Each week we play. It’s a part of our life.
Much of our play is the same year round. Building Lego. Playing board games. Playing basketball or soccer or other sports. Playing video games. Playing with Pok√©mon cards. Playing pretend. And Mom’s favorite: Playing with my stamping and scrapping supplies. But in the summer we get to add other fun times. Playing in water. Playing at the beach. We are a family that loves to play.

Once I get the other pages complete I'll posted them, so you will just have to wait to find out what the other themes would be.

Credits for layouts: 
AEdwards_CapturingMoments
AEdwards_EverydaySentimentStrip_DaysOfTheWeek
Background
CVW_SupplyTracker
KPertiet_YellowWordBitsNo1-besttimeever
KPertiet_YellowWordBitsNo1-family
KPertiet_YellowWordBitsNo1-onedayatatime
TDD_GoodLife_Steph_PaperSolid_Red
TDD_goodlife_evakipler_pp1
KPertiet_TemplateInspiration81411
KPertiet_Template73111

2 comments:

  1. I do like the way you're show casing the photos you took. I've never really joined in, but maybe one year

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to adapt the WITL to work for you in the summer. I like the theme idea and these pages really capture some of the day to day aspects of your life, which is the point after all!

    ReplyDelete