Friday, September 30, 2011

Fitness Friday

I completed my second race, but this time it was a family affair.  The race was a 4K walk/run & 8K run.  I signed up for the 4K run and I signed my husband up the 4K walk. Kids under 12 could walk for free, so our boys walked with their Dad. Well, they walked for most of the way.

It was a beautiful trail run, with cool, dry weather. I still don't like the hills. I placed 3rd in my age group!!! I couldn't believe it. And I placed 15 overall.  I was so happy. My time was slower but still a good pace at 10:35 and I walked up many of the hills.  This was great because I really haven't ran sense my last race.

When I finished the race I walked back to join up with the rest of my family.  To my surprise I came across my middle child running along the trail. He said he wanted to run and Dad said that's fine go for it. He did great and now he wants to run a "real" race so he can have a number and get his name on the list. The rest of the boys ran up ahead of their Dad too and we all stood and cheered him on when he finished the race. It was a great family outing and I will be looking for more races to do in the future.

Did I just type that?? Yes, I enjoy the races. I'm not to crazy about training for a race, but I love race day. And I can not wait to run with my little boy, even though he might whip me.

I'm linking this post up to the Fitness Friday post over at Life...As I See It.  This is a wonderful site for health and fitness information and inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. How awesome that you got the whole family involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Monica..especially at getting everyone involved!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our family races! We have such a great time.

    Congrats on placing 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lot of fun. My first race was run with my Dad when I was a kid. I think it was probably 1 mile or something like that!

    Congrats on placing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that you did it as a family :) My kids are huge whiners and always bickering... I have to keep them away from races :P

    Congrats on placing :)

    ReplyDelete