Saturday, September 3, 2011

Monthly Recap


August. Summer did fly by so quickly. Our weather around here has not been very summer like. We've had so much rain and cooler temperatures.  I'm sure we will have a heat wave again before Fall settles in for the year. 

1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Oxygen & Clean Eating - my usually monthly magazines
Distant Hours - Kate Morton (finished)
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
My text books



2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. Did I watch this month?

Black Swan only watched half then went to bed.  Strange movie.
Kings Speech - Loved this movie. Colin Firth was amazing, as always.
Babies - wonderful documentary.  Really made our boys appreciated what they have.
The Help - Great movie. Saw it before I read the book. I love movies that make me laugh out loud and cry.


3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

Went on 4 mile bike ride with the whole family
My oldest had his first slumber party
Movie night with Moms Club friends
Crop Night

4. What gifts did I give and/or recieve?



5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?

School Supplies
Photoshop CS5.5
Lightroom
New Circuit cartage from CTMH
More School Supplies

6. What illness or health concerns did I have?

Few weeks of virago - hate that.
Problems with Headaches. 

7. What were my accomplishments this month?

Officially signed up for my 5K
Did Mom 2 Mom sale - sold most of my stuff, everything else was donated
Did Scrapbook Garage Sale at local store - sold a lot of stuff, spent it on CTMH order. :)

8. What disappointments this month?

Still not drinking enough water
Not keeping up with my online classes


Big Picture Classes

9. How did I do on my goals for the month?

Training for 5K. Ran 4 miles in 36:32.  Feeling good for the race.
15 minutes organizing photos and digi supplies 3x a week


10.  Anything else noteworthy to include?

I started school and I'm loving it.  It's a lot of work and everyone is going to have to pitch in to make this work.

Won a blog give-away at Organized Junkie. I won her book Clutter Rehab.

Goals for next month:

Run and complete 5K
Continue 15 minutes organizing supplies 3x a week
Work on drinking 64 oz water daily
Pre make snacks and freeze them


This idea is from Katie the Scrapbook lady.

3 comments:

  1. I loved the book 'The Help' and am looking forward to seeing the movie if it ever makes it as far as Spain( if not then the DVD!).I found 'The Distant Hours' difficult to get 'into', but by the end of it, had loved it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read "The Help" earlier this year with my book club and enjoyed it, then a friend and I went to see the movie last week. I thought they did a great job converting it to a movie. Great job on your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this recap, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete