Sunday, September 25, 2011

Still alive and kicking

Wow, time sure flies when your really, really busy!!

Going back to school full-time is really taking it's toll on me and my free time. I'm really enjoying my classes and I'm learning so much. I thought since I haven't had time to do anything crafty because of my homework, that I would share my homework with you.

One of the classes I'm taking is Intro to Photoshop. I love Photoshop and I've used Elements for my digi-scrapbooking. This class is so exciting to me because I know I'll use everything I learn.  Since this is a basic Intro class we have to start out slow, so the first lesson was to get us comfortable with the tools and working in layers.  We had to select 3 coloring book pages that were scanned into the computer. Then we had to color them using layers and then use the Dodge and Burn tools to create shading and interest.

The first one I did was Beauty and the Beast.


Then the Harry Potter fan in me wanted to do Dumbledore.


And finally my love of Mickey Mouse pervailed.

 This was such a fun assignment and I enjoyed doing it.  Each lesson builds on each other and our final project is to create a movie poster.  But you will have to wait about 14 weeks before I'll have that to show you.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're enjoying it. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished poster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun AND interesting course!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun homework you've had - no wonder you are keeping busy. LOL It certainly does take lots of extra time when you head back to school, but it does sound like you are learning some great stuff so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with these. You're going to have to tell us how you do these things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work! I especially love Mickey! So cute! I love Mickey!!! :D

    ReplyDelete