Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Family x12 Blog Hop

Welcome to the next Family x12 Blog Hop!!


What is FAMILY x 12?
The goal is at least one family photo per month for a year.  It's not that easy getting everyone in front of the camera at the same time.  This blog hop has been helping me make sure I get a snapshot of my whole family each month.  It will be wonderful to see all the changes during the year with these photos. Thanks to Margie for inspiring this blog hop and project.


This month we have a very small group in the blog hop. This task is so much harder then it sounds. We don't take enough pictures of our families all together. I'm so thankful for this hop because I would have missed some gems like this months picture.   I would have been so easy to just take pictures of my boys and husband without handing the camera to someone and getting a group photo. I love this picture. It's our first family race.

This was such an amazing day. This was my second race and since the boys could walk for free I thought it would make a great family outing.  I figured I would run and all the boys could walk the course. When I finished the race I turned around and started walking back to join my family. I was so surprised when I saw my middle boy running towards me. He had a huge smile on his face and was so excited. We ran the rest of the way and I had a hard time keeping up with him.  Shortly after him his big brother came running over the finish line.  We didn't have to wait long before my youngest came running.  Then we all cheered their Dad on over the line.

They were all so excited about the race. My middle child's excitement did not end at the finish line. He wants to run a race were he will have a number so he knows his time and sees his name on the list. He has been asking me daily if I found another race for us to run.  I told him we will run a local race at the end of October and he is so ready to try a 5K race.  I'm just hoping I can keep up with him.

Thanks for stopping by this month. Your next stop is Jo.  Here is the rest of the people that have joined us this month. Like I said it's a small list, so please stop by each to congratulate them for keeping the Family x12 blog hop going.


Margie  http://xnomads.typepad.com/blog
Melissa  http://www.melissagross.blogspot.com
Monica  http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com   <----- YOU ARE HERE
Jo        http://www.mrsbeee.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are joining us again this month Monica! With your new busier schedule, it will be such a good reminder to get that family photo each month. I love that y’all ran this race together & this is the perfect photo for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photo and your story! And I'm so glad the blog hop helped remind you to capture a photo of you all together. That's what it is all about. Such a great memory too. I'll look forward to hearing about your 5k at the end of the month. Go family! I wish we could do that but alas there aren't many here in Beijing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photo - and well done to all of you on your achievement in the race. Sorry my post was so late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful picture!!! I LOVE this idea! I'm inspired to do the same, thank you! Hope all is well, think of you often!

    ReplyDelete