Monday, October 3, 2011

Monthly Recap

September! Where did you go?? It's definitely feeling like Fall here in Michigan. That means the colors will soon be blazing on the trees and the air will be cool and crisp. I love the Fall! But back to September, it went by so fast. The start of the school year is always crazy and slightly stressful.  I think things will start to settle out (a little) and we have our routines down. So here is what I've been up to this month.

1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Oxygen & Clean Eating - my usually monthly magazines
Good Housekeeping & Family Fun - love the Halloween ideas
Reread Western Sky  by Nora RobertsMy text books


2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. Did I watch this month?

The story of Pixar - great documentary
History of American photography (watched in class, really interesting)
Wipeout - our family favorite


3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

Boys started school
Celebrate oldest & youngest birthday
Open house at school
We all did a 4K walk/run

4. What gifts did I give and/or recieve?

Oldest child recieved a new bike
Youngest child received a LeapPad

5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Lightroom
New 70-300 Zoom Lens for camera

6. What illness or health concerns did I have?

Had EEG to see what's going on with Headaches. 
7. What were my accomplishments this month?

Ran my first 5K and 4K.
Started Pilates Class

8. What disappointments this month?

Still not drinking enough water
Haven't been doing meal plans and I really miss them.

9. How did I do on my goals for the month?

Ran 5K in 30:52. Ran 4K in 26.28.
Organizing supplies did not go well. My ext. harddrive broke. I had to send it out to get it replaced because it's under warrenty.  The files are there it just will not "talk" to the computer.
Did some baking and froze some snacks.

10.  Anything else noteworthy to include?

I'm the robot coach for one of our FIRST Lego Robotics Teams. I've never done this and I'm learning as I go, but I think it will be fun once we get a better understand of what we need to do.

Goals for next month:

Sign up for a least one more race before winter.
Spend at least 5 minutes each day doing deep breathing to relax.


This idea is from Katie the Scrapbook lady.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a busy month! Lots of good stuff! Hope the headaches subside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun questionnaire to recap a month!

    ReplyDelete