Sunday, November 27, 2011

Jumping in with Both Feet

When I fall off the wagon, I really fall. Yes, I fell off the imperfection wagon. My perfectionism was winning out and my life started to fall apart. I don't understand why that happens. You would think if you were trying to be perfect, everything would be perfect.  My problem is that I get so caught up in doing everything perfect that I don't start anything if I can not finish it to the 110% standard my perfectionist nature sets. So I've neglected myself, my blog, my home, my crafting and so many other things that I feel like I dug myself into a hole, a big hole.

As they say, admitting you have a problem is the first step. So I'm back on my quest and setting my sights on the things that are important to me and just doing my best, not being perfect, and enjoying myself.

One thing that I was thinking about doing, but the perfectionist was telling me I was crazy, was to sign up for Stacy Julian's class Twelve.

Big Picture Classes

I love Stacy's classes. She rocks!! I also know that her classes have a lot of content. After signing up and looking at the pre-class assignment, I kinda went "Oh, what did I just do." But I also feel the excitement on were this class will go and the new things that I will learn.

So now I'm off to figure out what type of muffins I'm going to make for the class - it's part of the pre-class assignment.  But before I go I have a question for my fellow bloggers.  I want to share more photos and stories on my blog, the problem I run into is getting the photos from my camera into blogger in a quick and easy way.  What is your process for getting your photos ready to be blogged?

3 comments:

  1. Muffins? Hmmm, I thought it's a scrapbooking class ... LOL Just kidding! I have million of reasons not to sign up for this class but I am afraid I can't help it. I love SJ!
    As for the pictures, I usually copy them form the memory card to my laptop, open in Picasa, crop and edit as needed and than post to my blog directly from Picasa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also signed up for Twelve - so far I've only allowed myself a peek at the pre-classroom. If today goes well, I'll be able to check it out in more detail (and bake my own muffins!) this week.

    I don't have any quick & easy suggestions for blogger photos, although resizing the photos does make them upload much quicker (I wasn't doing that at first and it took FOREVER).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have PSE? Open photos in PSE - choose "image, resize, image size" and resize to 72 or 100 dpi, with a width no more than 600 pixels. I use 560 just because that is what fits perfectly on my blog. Once the image is resized choose "file, save for web". I save all my "web sized jpegs" into a web photos folder. Very easy to upload then!

    There are also actions you can download which will size photos for the web, but I don't know enough about any of them to recommend one.

    ReplyDelete