Thursday, January 5, 2012

Family x12 Blog Hop

I hope everyone is having a great 2012 so far. If this is your first time visiting, I'm glad you could stop by. If your are returning visitor, welcome back.

I really do love this monthly project. It's so easy to forget to get in front of the camera with my family and this reminder each month is paying off in so many ways. I'm a person who loves to see the passage of time and this project will really feed that love. I also remember trying to find photos for school projects or just for something I wanted to make and I could not find any pictures of my husband and I in the same picture. It was crazy. I couldn't believe a whole year went by without both of us being in the same picture.  This happened a few years ago and since then I've been trying to be better, but I would still have large gaps of time between photos. Then came Family x12.  I'm really looking forward to having a complete year of photos to look back on.

If you are not familiar with Family x12, the goal is to get at least one family photo per month for a year.  It's that simple.

December is usually the time I would get a photo of the family, so I knew this month wouldn't be a struggle.  I was lucky enough to get two photos of everyone together.  The first was on Christmas Day with everyone showing off their new sweaters.


The second photo was taken at a family party a few days later.


One thing I realized is that I'm going to have to stop having my son stand next to me because he is getting too tall.

I hope you were able to capture a few photos with all your loved ones.  Thanks for stopping by.  Your next stop on the blog hop is over at Patricia.

If you get lost here is a list of everyone that is joining in on the fun.

Margie
Ruth
Jo
Monica. <-----You are here Patricia
Carol Anne

6 comments:

  1. I loved following ya'll do this last year. I'd love to do it but I have one son away at college and the other lives in a different city. Maybe I'll try for individual shots to tie into my 2012 project

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea, and such a lovely family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another month of adorable photos of your beautiful family. I have the same problem with my eldest son, but there is also a benefit, now that he is so big, it makes me look smaller! Ha! :) Thanks again for keeping me on course with your enthusiastic participation in the blog hop. I love stopping in! And I love that you are getting a lot out of the blog hop - thanks for mentioning that. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what happens when the kids are getting older...
    When you realize they are taller and grown up! Oh I am feeling old! :)

    Loved the pictures and the sweaters as well!

    Happy New Year and see you soon on the blog....

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos and I especially love the Christmas jumper shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos - fab jumpers - and I too have a son who is almost as tall as myself - how did that happen??

    ReplyDelete