Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Monthly Recap...

It's that time again.... Here's what I've been up to.

1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month?


Reread the Hunger Game Triology

Lessons Learned - Nora Roberts
Clutter Rehab - Laura Wittman

2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. Did I watch this month?

Arthur Christmas
The Help


3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

The boys were in their first Christmas recital
Had Company Christmas Dinner

Ken & William went to Lions Game on Xmas Eve
Went to 2 extended family Xmas Parties
Played Laser Tag with some friends over xmas break


Rang in the New Year with some friends.

4. What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Time Turner (Harry Potter). DH brought it back from London for me.



Received a sewing machine for Xmas
5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?
New furniture for living room.
New carpet for living room.


6. What illness or health concerns did I have?

We discovered that my mom had a brain tumor the first week of December.  She had surgery the following week to remove the tumor.  She is doing great.
 
7. What were my accomplishments this month?

Finished first semester back to school with a 4.0
Signed up for some scrapbooking classes for the new year (12, One Little Word, Find Photo Flow, Round Up)
8. What disappointments this month?

Our remodel went slower then we thought, so we had to put the Xmas tree in the basement and we didn't put up any other decorations.
9. How did I do on my goals for the month?

I sent out my Xmas Cards two weeks before Xmas.
I finished my classes with a 4.0.
I ordered my furniture and carpet for the living room.
I enjoyed the holidays. 
10.  Anything else noteworthy to include?
Our wall units and stone work was completed on our remodel.  It looks so great!! 
Re screwed down the living room floor - no more squeaks!! 




Helped at Bone Marrow Drive for 6th grader at our school.
 
Goals for next month:
 

Pick out curtains and light fixtures for living room.
Make chore chart and allowance rules for the boys.
Set up a cleaning schedule for me.
This idea is from Katie the Scrapbook lady.

5 comments:

  1. I'm also in Twelve, OLW, and FPF (as well as Move More Eat Well). Looks like lots of class time on your plate! Congrats on the 4.0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about rereading the Hunger Games triology, too in preparation for the movie - the trailer looks great. A Time Turner - what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for The Hunger Games to come out in film! Praises that your mom is doing so well and whhhooohhoo on that 4.0, you are rocking the back to school thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy your mum is ok x

    I love reading your monthly roundups, would you mind if I copied your idea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra
    ffeel free to use the idea. It was from Katie the scrapbook lady, not an original one from me

    ReplyDelete