Friday, January 20, 2012

Organization

I finally did it. After years of trying different things and losing what I started and redoing it again, just to lose it. I finally did it! I have all my digital scrap booking supplies organized in Lightroom. I have say a BIG Thank You to Kayle Lamoreaux over at digiscrap101 for her fabulous free Lightroom class.  It wasn't easy, well, it was easy but it took a lot of time. But now everything is in one place and tagged so I can find what I need when I want it.  Is it perfect? No. I'm sure I will tweak things as I use it, to fit my ever changing needs, but it's a big, big start.

If you have been trying to figure out your digital organization check out DigiScrap 101. Kayla is the best at organization.  I'm also taking her Finding Photo Flow which focuses on organizing your digital photos.  She is a fountain of knowledge on all kinds of different software packages and goes into the pros and cons of each one. She is very involved with the class and is always there to help out the students individual needs. I'm so happy that I found her.

What has helped you get your digital supplies in order? What person/classes has really changed your workflow/organization?

4 comments:

  1. I'm also taking FPF Monica - working on getting Backblaze running today. I tried moving all my digi stuff over to Lightroom, but couldn't deal with half my stuff (the papers mostly because they were .jpg files) being in LR and the other half (all the elements) being in my Windows structure and I just couldn't see taking the time to convert all those .png files to tiff.... How long did it take you? What did you use for the conversion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have all my digi scrapping supplies in one folder or in Creative Memories but I rarely digi scrap so it doesn't bother me. Bravo for having this organized and off your "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your organisation, bet you feel really pleased with yourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cheri: It took me about two months working on it 15-20 minutes a day. This was just my digi supplies. I still need to convert my photos from iphoto to Lightroom. I used Bridge to do the conversion of my .png. Kayle gives a really great explaination of how to do this in her Lightroom class.

    ReplyDelete